Sunday 14 June 2015

Movie Review: Inside Out

Inside Out stars Amy Poehler among a cast of voice actors all under the direction of Peter Docter. I viewed this movie early, but the Australian release date is 18th of June 2015.

Inside Out is an animated movie about a young girl called Riley. It explores the idea that emotions are people running around in your head controlling you from a console, and Riley's console is dominated by Joy. That is, until Joy and Sadness venture into the open of Riley's mind and must find their way back to the console to stop Riley from ruining her life.

The idea behind this film with the mind being a giant computer full of memories and various characters who control it is ingenious. This is a well thought out film and Peter Docter really thought out the idea before preparing it for the screen. The screenplay is brilliant with lots of jokes for kids and adults. I was not bored in this film for a moment, and it really took me by surprise how heartfelt the movie was while still being hilarious and entertaining for kids. This film really pulled at my heart strings, definetely in the third act with certain character choices and the way the people are designed.

Which leads me to another thing, this movie is designed well, with characters showing real emotion, enough to make someone like me actually feel what they are going through.

There isn't much wrong I can say that is wrong with this film, except that I do feel like some characters annoyed me, definetely Sadness. They were meant to be loved by the end of the film or felt pity for them, but I just didn't feel it.

All in all, this is getting a 4 out of 5 Reons. I would highly reccomend taking your family to see this film, or even your friends or partners, as this is a film everyone should experience together.

No comments:

Post a Comment